About Us

The mission of Susan G. Komen Northeastern Pennsylvania is to provide funding for breast health services, breast cancer education and outreach in our 19 -county region.

Through events like the Komen NEPA Race for the Cure®, Komen NEPA invests 75 percent of the funds raised to support vital local breast health services, and dedicates the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.

Komen Northeastern Pennsylvania service area includes 19 counties. Currently, the service area is experiencing an increase in the number of diverse populations moving to the area from larger nearby cities such as Philadelphia, PA and New York, NY. This trend is primarily attributed to the lower cost of living. Thanks to the thousands of people who participant in the Susan G. Komen Northeastern Pennsylvania Race for the Cure® and other Affiliate events each year, dedicated corporate partners and generous donors, Komen Northeastern Pennsylvania is playing a vital role in fighting breast cancer in our community.

For more information about our financial history and spending, please review the Annual Reports and Form 990s click here.